Pacific Women’s Watch (New Zealand) Inc. (PWW(NZ))was established five years ago to be a link to the Asia Pacific Women’s Watch (APWW), the umbrella Watch which monitors, review and reports on the status of women in the Asia-Pacific Region. Over 60 percent of the world’s women live in the Asia-Pacific Region, one of the five regions recognised by the United Nations.
The New Zealand organisation, which became incorporated in 2001, is part of a sub-regional network reporting within the wider region.
Pacific Women’s Watch (New Zealand) has the following objectives
- To ensure women’s voices from the sub-region and especially New Zealand are heard internationally
- To be a communication link between New Zealand non-governmental women, the sub-region and internationally
- To monitor the Beijing Platform for Action and any subsequent plans of action for the advancement of women
- To share strategies to measure and assess changes in women’s ststus
- To recognise views and expectations of Tangata Whenau
For more information click here